Are you interviewing, or waiting for interviews to be scheduled?
For you to have arrived at this point; you have applied for jobs, been ignored or rejected for positions that you are qualified for; suffered through mindless screening interviews, and now: It’s showtime!
For the company to finally sit down with you; they have sifted through hundreds of resumes, and winnowed down the applicants until they ended up with you. The company is serious about hiring you.
Treat this interview seriously.
What will you say when the following questions are asked?
- Tell me about yourself:
- Tell me about a time when you made a mistake
- Why did you leave the job after 9 months?
- What did you learn?
- Why did you take a demotion?
- Why did you not work for a year?
- Why do you want to work with our company?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why didn't you _____
- How do you motivate others?
- How do we know you won’t leave this job after a year?
- Describe your boss.
- Why don’t you have the degree?
- What do you do when __________?
- What is your biggest career regret?
- Describe a time when you improved the process?
- Describe a time when you had to manage through change
- When have you saved money?
- What gave you that idea?
- Who else was involved?
- If you could change anything, what would it be?
- Are you satisfied with your career choices?
- Do you know _________?
- What would you do if?
That’s just the start. Situational and behavioral interviewing are tools that companies use to determine your experience, your level of responsibilities, creativity, and leadership style. What you say is as important as what you don’t say.
There are no do-overs. You have one chance.
Individual Interview Prep Sessions.
Individual sessions and coaching sessions to make sure you are prepared, and ready for anything.
- 6 Coaching Sessions
- Prepare and practice for the most important part of the process.
Barbara Goldman will use her years of human resources executive recruiting experience to coach you to present yourself, your abilities, and leadership style during the interview process.